Friday 26 April 2013

Flower Park

"Let's go to the Zen Place?"
 
 This seems to be my mother-in-law's favourite request these days, and how she fondly refers to her new favourite spot,
the Flower Park Nursery.
 
Now, I know Pinetown is not the 'it' place, or area, to visit but take a look at the photos below and tell me it doesn't appeal to you?

 
 
 
 
 
I just love the shabby-chic decor and laid-back appeal, the
mis-matched crockery and cutlery as well as the ever-changing menu.
 
We first visited the Flower Park when my mother-in-law decided to take me there for my birthday (and then we visited again for my husband's birthday too!). We delighted in eating red velvet cake, carrot muffins and chocolate ganache cake. We also trested ourselves to quiche and salad. I highly recommend the basil, feta and baby tomato quiche! Each baby quiche is served with a FRESH salad. When I say fresh, I mean straight from the garden! It is literally picked and made. Ordering coffee gets you your own plunger and you can choose the strength. There are no soft drinks but you have the chance to indulge in some rather tasty homemade, old fashioned lemonade.





 
 
 
I love the little vintage cottage they have next to the coffee shop. This little cottage is full of treasures. I bought myself a cow shaped butter dish and my mother-in-law purchased some new editions to her brass collection.







 
 
You will find the Flower Park at 5 Ridge Place, Pinetown, just off Underwood Road. Phone Lynn on 031 701 4097

This is my rough gem.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment