Thursday 9 May 2013

Custard Slices

Confession time. I did not actually bake these myself, I just took the photo. 
 
The lovely ladies in the kitchen made these and they were amazing! I have asked the Chef if I can share her recipe because I have never had such an amazing custard slice in my life.

Thank you to Lisa Moffatt for sharing this 'secert recipe'.
Lisa calls these: Instant Custard Slices.
She loves them because they are affordable, quick, easy and appetising.

Ingredients:
1x roll puff pastry (400g)
1x 90g packet instant vanilla pudding
250ml cream
200ml cold milk

Method:

1.Preheat oven to 180c. 
2. Unroll the pastry & cut into rectangles. Place on a greased baking sheet & bake for about 10 mins, until puffed up & golden.
3. Beat the instant pudding, milk & cream together for 1 minute until stiff.
4.Cool the pastry for a few minutes before halving each horizontally.
5. Fill with the pudding mixture & dust with icing sugar.

Makes 20
 

No comments:

Post a Comment